The lazy daisies cuff book seems to have taken forever, but one good long session on the beach in Cornwall finished off the front.
I even managed to get all the French knot centres done. I was originally going to give them beaded centres, but a canvas chair on a beach is not really the best place to play around with seed beads, so I went for French knots and am very pleased with the result.
Then the backing. Unfortunately on one side I’d added a lazy daisy flower right next to the fastening without considering that I’d need to cover the back of the stitching but also leave the fastener clear. That caused some swearing when I realised!
I used a scrap of Japanese silk crepe kimono fabric for the backing which was the closest size I had at the time. By blanket stitching it at the selvedge I managed to eke it out just enough to cover all the stitching.
My husband saved the day by suggesting that I cut a hole for the fastener and stitched around it, so the hole has been made and now I’m trying to remember where my black stranded thread is…