I’m on a roll!
Broken vintage brooch turned into a pendant…
…and another upcycled broken brooch. This one does actually have embroidery in it!
The main piece was a ring brooch in lovely condition with all the original stones intact, but no pin, so I got rid of the remains of the pin mountings and decided to fill the middle with a back stitched spider’s web, rather like a Dorset button.
I’d got about a third of the way through the stitching when I looked on the back and decided I preferred that effect. So out it all came and I started again!
Filling up the space nicely…
The thread is quite a thickish cotton and the web is really firm and sturdy. The back is neat too, but I’m pleased I chose to restitch it.
I added a vintage bar tie-pin as the brooch back and it covers the scars of the old closure quite nicely.
Very pleased with this!
The only other sewing I’ve been doing is a major repair job on one of our Scunthorpe Little Theatre Club costumes – a wartime woollen coat that somebody has turned into a pirate captain type coat. Various seams have given way and the gold braid is coming adrift everywhere.
Not creative in quite the same way, but extremely satisfying.