Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘pincushion’

It was our Embroiderers’ Guild Meeting the Saturday before last and between taking my little one for her tennis lesson and not checking the timings on the extremely clear and useful newsletter which our secretary always sends out just prior to the monthly meeting, I managed to roll up late as usual.

By the time I sidled in, everyone was engrossed in their English Paper Piecing project set up by our chair, Ruth, in the morning. As well as providing fabric and sheets of templates, Ruth had brought a fabulous display of books, works in progress and completed projects to inspire.

20170429_131904_HDR.jpg

20170429_131908_HDR.jpg

20170429_131911_HDR.jpg

20170429_131918_HDR

Debbie had been inspired by one of Ruth’s patchwork pouches and was well on with her own version in some glorious sunflower fabrics.

20170429_131827_HDR.jpg

I had gone for some oddments of prints and hand dyes in coffee shades with some indigo dyed cotton for my fabrics.

20170429_132232_HDR.jpg

Since I’ve been working with hexagons in Auntie Sheila’s patchwork project I decided to go for equilateral triangles for a bit of a challenge.

20170429_152445_HDR.jpg

I really enjoyed getting quite a few pieced in various fabrics so I could play around with some arrangements and I even got some stitched together, but not entirely sure where I’m going to take this next, which is irritating as it was a really good workshop and I like the colour and shape combinations. I’m sure something will come to me when I’m thinking about something else!

In June the Embroiderers’ Guild are having a stand at the annual Lincolnshire Show and members from various branches in the area have been asked to make some little bits and pieces which could be sold to raise funds and at least cover the cost of the stand. I had seen some little pincushion brooches on Pinterest which were made from puffs of stuffed fabric on a flat metal brooch type background. It just so happened that I had some new flat brass discs among my jewellery making kit, so I used a scrap of silk, a length of vintage crochet thread, a gold bead and a small amount of stuffing and made a prototype.

20170331_120612_HDR.jpg

There were ten of the stamped brass discs in the packet, so I decided to use all ten. Works in progress…

DSCN4325.JPG

And a couple of the finished articles.

DSCN4327.JPG

DSCN4330.JPG

They are now all neatly packed up and ready for the Show. Apparently our branch alone has amassed nearly a hundred items to sell!

Read Full Post »