It’s reading for a new show time again and so I have managed to sit and stitch through a number of small finishes. Firstly, one of the designs Ruth produced for us at November’s Embroiderers’ Guild meeting, made up into a card.
The border is in feather stitch, the centre in a spiral of split stitch, the main oval parts of the petals in Corded Brussels stitch (needlelace) and the ends in satin stitch.
Then I decided to make up a little magazine kit I bought from eBay in 2009. Simple stem stitch and lazy daisy stitch for the wheel barrow and the flowers/leaves.
Then french knot middles to the flowers and my first ever attempt at a Dorset Button for the wheel.
I was fairly pleased with it until I put the kit picture next to it for comparison…
Obviously a technique I need to work on but it has made a nice little card.