The cuff book is finished. But I forgot to take a photo of it! Not that it’s changed much – just had the pages stitched to the spine with a single line of pamphlet stitch, decorated with some seed beads.
So is the leather bracelet. Both flowers completed and three matching quartz bead dangles added.
I finally found the right size drill bit to make setting the cogs easy for the black and white steampunk brooch and once I’d done that, the finishing was easy.
Then the embroidered pendant for a bow shaped pendant brooch, missing its drop, was the next to be sorted. It started like this:
Then I put three pieces of walnut dyed vintage fabric together and secured them with beaded blanket stitch. The back is a damask, the middle canvas and this side is some embroidered net that I always understood was associated with my great-grandmother who died in 1970.
It was a little dull so I went over some of the pattern with silk threads in faded shabby chic tones …
…and then hung it from the brooch.