I used little iridescent green delicas to create the beaded feather stitch on the right hand side of the piece. It’s a stitch I’ve used before but with ordinary seed beads and I’m not completely happy with the angular look the delicas give but I didn’t have any suitable seed beads and time was ticking on so it had to stay.
The addition of french knot buds/flowers and lazy daisy leaves softened it a bit.
More star stitched spotty birds outlined in chain stitch.
And the whole thing is starting to fill up nicely.
Lazy daisy flowers in two weights of Caron Christmassy red and green variegated thread with beaded middles.
But then ‘stuff’ happened and on the night before our last meeting of the year I was only this far on!
The beaded fly stitch leaves were still to be finished before I could even start to mount it in the book so I set my alarm for early on the Saturday morning and grafted! By lunchtime it was completed and mounted and I was able to head off (slightly late) to our knot garden canvaswork workshop.
It was slightly too big for the page so the fabulous Indian trim I’d found for the border has encroached on some of the designs a little too far and mitred corners would have looked much neater but time had pretty much evaporated by this point. I hope Elaine likes it anyway. I really must pace myself better in future!