The notebook I showed you started like this:
I removed the staples and fused some lovely cream script fabric to the back of the cover to strengthen it before blanket stitching round the whole thing in full undivided strands of soft vintage toned silk thread.
This strengthens the edges as well as giving a pretty finish.
Then I added some vintage style papers to some of the pages…
…before using waxed silk thread and a simple pamphlet stitch to reassemble it.
Loose ends on the spine meant I could add these tea dyed labels.
One completed journal which has been perfect for recording the memories of our fabulous holiday in Boscastle last week. I’ve also had the time to make a good start on the makeover for my damaged box. Hopefully more of that soon.