Thanks to last night’s committee meeting the blue stumpwork piece now looks like this:
I’ve closed the centre of the spiral trellis stitch. That was wonderful to work and I’ll definitely be doing it again!
Then I added a couple of stylised leaves in corded Brussels stitch on a chain foundation.
I want to add a 3D stem of buttonhole stitch worked over a pipecleaner or small stick or something similar and had nothing suitable with me so at this point, nearing the end of the meeting, I turned my attention to the Blackwell whitework.
Not a huge amount to show, but I’ve almost done half the padded satin stitch on another of the leaves.
I was almost sorry when the meeting ended promptly! In case you were wondering, I do contribute to these meetings – last night I gave three reports and chipped in on all discussions. It’s just that I find it easier to concentrate when my hands are doing something and I do get loads done!