After the rows of Ripple Stitch I moved on to Cobbler Filling. I love the little windows effect of this and its more geometric look was a good contrast to the more curvy stitch above.
Next Reeded Stitch. This is one of the few pulled thread stitches I’ve used more than once and I am still yet to work it without a mistake!
It’s not so much the counting but whether the double back stitch begins in the the same row as the vertical stitches before it, or the next row. I concentrated very carefully but alas, there is still an error. Even I struggle to find it, so I’m afraid, not being able to face taking down three rows of tightly pulled stitching, I left it.
Following the long waves of Reeded Stitch I wanted to do one of the Greek Cross Stitch Filling stitches. I really liked the way that you got not only little fat quatrefoil crosses, but also the impression of interlocking circles.
It was quite challenging in the weight of thread that I’d chosen to use and I think would generally work better in a heavier thread.
And last, just to finish off, a simple row of Double Faggot Stitch. Each stitch is worked over twice, which helps to pull it in more tightly.
All finished and very pleased with the result.
I deliberated over how to finish the sampler and in the end trimmed off the frayed edges, sealed the newly cut edges with Modge Podge and simply laced it over a board to which I’d glued a piece of light brown velvet before handing it in at our Guild Meeting last Saturday, realising as I did so that I’d forgotten to take a photo of the finished article!