It was over a year ago that I started an Elizabethan scissor case at one of our Embroiderers’ Guild workshops. I stitched the rose petals in the session, worked most of the rest of the embroidery fairly quickly after and even got as far as putting on the spangles. And there I hesitated. I wasn’t sure about the density of the spangles, so I added some more seed beads on their own and then stalled. It wasn’t right.
I did find some cotton for the lining that I preferred to the fabric in the kit, but over the last year, that’ s all I did.
However, I’ve had a few days away and thanks to some horrible and typically British weather, been able to get a fair bit of sewing done. Firstly, the scissor case. The beads were completely wrong, so they came out. and then I stitched the finished front to a matching triangle of the lining fabric.
I love this gentle autumn leaves print and it tones well with the brown of the stems.
After ladder stitching the opening I’d turned it through closed, I then brought the sides to the back and ladder stitched that closed as well.
In the end, there were more than enough spangles for the front, but I do wish I had brought them a bit closer to the point.
Inside looks very cosy!
And it’s the perfect place for one of my pairs of embroidery scissors.
So pleased to have this off the hoop and finished.