More of the altered book.
A Latin quote caught my eye…
…and sent me off creating a scrap of rose text with Stewart Gill Byzantium paints on tea stained paper.
I cut all the window spaces out of this image of a York Minster Rose Window and stuck it over a page which I’d collaged with some rainbow coloured scraps of hand made paper and then used water soluble oil pastels to continue the colours over the bits of page left.
In place on the spread:
And joined by a layered transfer of a lamb boss.
I had two images of this boss, one closer than the other. I used the gel transfer medium to transfer them to the page, rotating the second so the ribs of the vaulting (accidentally) almost line up. I like the different layers of translucency.
Another Rose Window to come.