This has been ticking away slowly and quietly in the madness of early January.
I printed out some colour pictures to transfer – this one is a restored boss with a dragon spouting flame – and found a diagram of English medieval dioceses which I coloured in with water colours.
York Minster was badly damaged by a fire started by lightning several years ago, so I added scraps of textured hand made paper to the bottom of the page and turned them into flames licking the boss.
I also found a great photo taken looking up through the Minster so it framed a section of the sky and transferred that. I’m getting the hang of the transfer process now – three layers of gel medium will keep the image stable while you’re removing the paper backing. Sky added with water soluble oil pastels
I wanted to create a found poem from random words on a double page, so I circled some that appealed to me and then roughly blocked out the rest of the page with gesso.
I covered the gesso with shimmering watercolours in lilacs and blues borrowed from my middle one. (More of the amazing art bargains we got back in October), added a moon and stars card topper thing that I’d had for ages and divided the pages with a piece of printed acetate which was wrapping around a gift from a very posh shop.
Just a bit of finishing to do here, making the words link more clearly and thinking about what my subconscious was doing with the words I chose.