Rather than cutting a shape from already reticulated brass, I cut this half leaf shape first and then reticulated it.
As with the beaded leaf I used detached buttonhole stitch to create the embroidered side of the leaf and long bullions to hold the metal in place.
Following a suggestion from a friend, I replaced the gold bullions over the green side with lengths of gold purl.
They were a lot easier than doing bullions in metallic thread but I feel they’re a little skimpy looking. Then I gathered and laced it over a double thickness of pelmet vilene cut into a leaf shape.
I wanted to leave a bit of the background fabric (silk dupion) as a buffer between the leaf and the edge of the pendant.
No spare silk dupion in this colour for the back, so I covered a slightly smaller leaf shape in pelmet vilene with a scrap of hand dyed habotai silk.
This just needs a bale to finish.