The fabric part of the fire pendant is complete.
I made a couple of brass bales from scratch which will be stitched to the fabric. The one I want to use is on the right and as you can see, I didn’t quite get the bottom folded over properly before I soldered it, so that will need to be rectified next week.
But this should give some idea of how the finished piece will look – it’ll be so nice to get some of these pieces actually finished!
The blue spirals piece was too big for a pendant so I finished it as a brooch. The top is gathered up with running stitch and laced over two thicknesses of pelmet vilene and then I cut, gathered and laced some more blue silk over a smaller single circle and stitched a long brooch pin to it for the back.
Then I used ladder stitch to more or less invisibly attach the back to the front.
A whole piece completely finished!!
And if you’d like the chance to win this sea glass and embroidery canvas in my second Blog anniversary giveaway, you still can by leaving a comment here.