As soon as I hooped up the fused fabric embroidery, I spotted several areas that needed filling in.
Either side of the gold inclusion to the left and areas top and bottom, which became more obvious when in the hoop as that’s going to be the size and shape of the finished panel. After that, it was an easy fill in job.
Originally I stitched it with oddments of machine thread I was given when my best-beloved aunt died and although I’d added some lines in single stranded cotton, they seemed too thick, so I used Guterman rayon and metallic thread in dark blue, turquoise and silver.
Despite being machine threads, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the metallics were to sew with and also, how well they lasted with very little shredding and shedding of the outer metal coat.
I’m happy with the coverage now so this will be put on one side until I’ve got a cushion pad organised and I know what the sizings are going to be for the completed cushion cover.