As a contrast to the rusted fabric and to fit in with the turquoise theme I stitched into a small offcut of patchwork to add to the set of blocks I’ve already finished.
Each piece has been embroidered with running or seeding stitch to fit with the pattern on the fabric and the larger flowers on the left have some textured washers added over the middle of the flowers. I particularly like the way the running stitch waves in variegated turquoise thread have turned out.
I’ve started on the next block which is the darning needle fans that I rusted just before Christmas.
The holes that the needles left in the fabric were too good to ignore so I used my favourite variegated metallic Madeira thread to stitch a zigzag between them.
A few more stitches to complete the zigzags and then I’m going to put it aside and see what more, if anything, I want to do to it.
I’ve already seen, thanks to the camera’s objective eye, a mistake that I need to undo and restitch, and the stitches are very long and not very stable in the biggest fan, so I think I need to find a decorative way of making sure they are more securely set in place. I’m thinking seed beads at the moment…