I’ve finally made a start on the label. I came across the perfect scrap of gently frayed deep blue fabric while I was tidying up a cupboard and made a start on the stitching.
The only problem is that I’m struggling to see the outline of the temporary marker and I’m loath to use anything darker and more permanent in case it stays visible and/or marks the light-coloured thread.
Split stitch is a great stitch for lettering. It just has that bit more texture than back stitch and I find it’s more controllable on curves than stem stitch. Unfortunately, at the size of these stitches, it takes a while!