I’ve also been working a bit more on my not very red ‘redwork’ piece that I started round about here.
Last time I left it at this point:
And now it looks like this:
I’m adding the cherry blossom slowly, mainly because all those french knots gets a bit wearing after a while.
And while looking for something else (as is always the way…) I found a selection of silk ribbons in the most perfect shades of blue for creating a riot of damask roses.
Stem stitch stems, ribbon french knot buds with lazy daisy stitch sepals and two lazy daisy stitches, one inside the other, to form the leaves.
It’s a lovely pick it up and put it down project to keep going in between other things.